Enter the posterior wall thickness and the LV diastolic diameter into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Relative Wall Thickness.
Relative Wall Thickness Formula
RWT = 2 * PWT / LVD
- RWT is the Relative Wall Thickness ()
- PWT is the posterior wall thickness
- LVD is the LV diastolic diameter
To calculate Relative Wall Thickness, divide the posterior wall thickness by the LV diastolic diameter, then multiply by 2.
How to Calculate Relative Wall Thickness?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Relative Wall Thickness.
- First, determine the posterior wall thickness.
- Next, determine the LV diastolic diameter.
- Next, gather the formula from above = RWT = 2 * PWT / LVD.
- Finally, calculate the Relative Wall Thickness.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
posterior wall thickness = 0.78
LV diastolic diameter = 0.4