Enter the resistance of R1 (ohms) and the resistance of R2 (ohms) into the Resistor Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Resistor Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Resistor Divider Calculator
- Resistor Voltage Calculator
- Parallel Resistance Calculator
Resistor Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Resistor Ratio.
RR = R1 / R2
- Where RR is the Resistor Ratio
- R1 is the resistance of R1 (ohms)
- R2 is the resistance of R2 (ohms)
To calculate the resistor ratio, simply divide the resistance of R1 by the resistance of R2.
How to Calculate Resistor Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Resistor Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the resistance of R1 (ohms).
- The resistance of R1 (ohms) is given as: 58.
- Next, determine the resistance of R2 (ohms).
- The resistance of R2 (ohms) is provided as: 90.
- Finally, calculate the Resistor Ratio using the equation above:
RR = R1 / R2
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
RR = 58 / 90 = .6444
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
resistance of R1 (ohms) = 90
resistance of R2 (ohms) = 100
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.RR = R1 / R2 = ?