Enter the resistance of R1 (ohms) and the resistance of R2 (ohms) into the Resistor Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Resistor Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Resistor Divider Calculator
- Resistor Voltage Calculator
- Parallel Resistance Calculator
Resistor Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Resistor Ratio.
RR = R1 / R2
- Where RR is the Resistor Ratio
- R1 is the resistance of R1 (ohms)
- R2 is the resistance of R2 (ohms)
How to Calculate Resistor Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Resistor Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the resistance of R1 (ohms).
- The resistance of R1 (ohms) is given as: 58.
- Next, determine the resistance of R2 (ohms).
- The resistance of R2 (ohms) is provided as: 90.
- Finally, calculate the Resistor Ratio using the equation above:
RR = R1 / R2
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
RR = 58 / 90 = .6444
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
resistance of R1 (ohms) = 90
resistance of R2 (ohms) = 100
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.RR = R1 / R2 = ?