Enter the total number of words, and your words per minute speech speed into the calculator to determine the total length of a speech.
- Standard Notation Calculator (Word/Number to Standard Notations)
- Quiz Grade Calculator
- Steps to Miles Calculator
- GWAM (Gross Words Per Minute) Calculator
Speech Length Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the length of a speech.
T = W / SS
- Where T is the total time
- W is the total number of words
- SS is the speaking speed in words/min
To calculate the speech length, divide the total number of words by the speaking rate.
Speech Length Definition
A speech length is defined as the total time it takes to perform a speech or presentation.
Speech Length Example
How to calculate speech length?
- First, determine the total number words.
Measure the total number of words in the speech.
- Next, determine the speaking rate.
Determine the average speed at which you speak.
- Finally, calculate the speech length.
Calculate the time of the speech using the equation above.
A speech should be as long as it needs to be to convey the information being presented. No shorter and no longer than that exact length. What that length is, is a little hard to determine. If you get your point across concisely and quickly, it can be good enough.