Enter the sample mean, the population mean, standard deviation, and sample size into the calculator. The calculator will display the statistical significance using type 1 error.
Statistical Significance Formula
The following formula used type 1 error to determine statistical significance.
Z = (x – u) / (std / sqrt(n))
- Where Z is the statistical significance
- x is the sample mean
- u is the population mean
- std is the standard deviation
- n is the sample size
Statistical Significance Definition
A statistical significance is a measure of how closely a sample set follows the data of a larger population
Statistical Significance Example
How to calculate statistical significane
- First, determine the sample size
Determine a proper sample size to be used for analysis.
- Next, calculate the sample mean
Calculate the mean of the sample.
- Next, calculate the population mean
Calculate the mean of the entire population.
- Next, determine the standard deviation
This is the standard deviation of the population, not the sample.
- Finally, calculate the statistical significance.
Calculate Z using the formula above.
Statistical significance is a measure of how closely a sample of data matches with a population of data.