Enter the total wattage (watts) and the total area (m^2) into the Watt Density Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Watt Density.
- All Density Calculators
- Power Density Calculator
- Solar Power Density Calculator
- Molecular Weight to Density Calculator
Watt Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Watt Density.
WD = TW / TA
- Where WD is the Watt Density (watts/m^2)
- TW is the total wattage (watts)
- TA is the total area (m^2)
To calculate the watt density, divide the total wattage by the total area.
How to Calculate Watt Density?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Watt Density.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total wattage (watts).
- The total wattage (watts) is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the total area (m^2).
- The total area (m^2) is provided as: 2.
- Finally, calculate the Watt Density using the equation above:
WD = TW / TA
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
WD = 50 / 2 = 25 (watts/m^2)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total wattage (watts) = 260
total area (m^2) = 3
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
WD = TW / TA = ?