Enter the current temperature and relative humidity. The calculator will evaluate and display the estimated wet bulb temperature at those conditions.
- Air Density Calculator
- Dew Point Calculator
- Snow Day Chance
- Swamp Cooler Efficiency Calculator
- Water Saturation Calculator
Wet Bulb Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the wet-bulb temperature.
Tw = T * arctan[0.152 * (rh + 8.3136)^(1/2)] + arctan(T + rh%) – arctan(rh – 1.6763) + 0.00391838 *(rh)^(3/2) * arctan(0.0231 * rh) – 4.686
- Where TW is the wet-bulb temperature
- T is the current temperature
- rh is the relative humidity (%)
How to calculate wet bulb temperature
- First, determine the current temperature
Measure the current temperature using a thermometer.
- Next, determine the current relative humidity
This humidity is measure as a %
- Finally, calculate the wet bulb
Using the current temperature and the humidity, calculate the wet-bulb temperature.
The wet bulb is the lowest temperature air can reach through only evaporation.