Enter the design load limit (N) and the safety factor into the Working Load Limit Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Working Load Limit.
Working Load Limit Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Working Load Limit.
WLL = DLL / SF
- WLL is the Working Load Limit (N)
- DLL is the design load limit (N)
- SF is the safety factor
To calculate the working load limit, divide the design load limit by the safety factor.
How to Calculate Working Load Limit?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Working Load Limit.
- First, determine the design load limit (N).
- Next, determine the safety factor.
- Next, gather the formula from above = WLL = DLL / SF.
- Finally, calculate the Working Load Limit.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
design load limit (N) = 5,000
safety factor = 2.5
WLL = DLL / SF = ?