Enter the greatest length and the perpendicular greatest width into the Wound Surface Area Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Wound Surface Area.
- All Area Calculators
- Normalized Burn Ratio (NBR) Calculator
- BET Surface Area Calculator
- Dome Surface Area Calculator
Wound Surface Area Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Wound Surface Area.
WSA = GL * GW
- Where WSA is the Wound Surface Area
- GL is the greatest length
- GW is the perpendicular greatest width
To calculate the wound surface area, multiply the greatest length by the perpendicular greatest width.
How to Calculate Wound Surface Area?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Wound Surface Area.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the greatest length.
- The greatest length is given as: 3.
- Next, determine the perpendicular greatest width.
- The perpendicular greatest width is provided as: 5.
- Finally, calculate the Wound Surface Area using the equation above:
WSA = GL * GW
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
WSA = 3 * 5 = 15.00
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
greatest length = 4
perpendicular greatest width = 2
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
WSA = GL * GW = ?