Enter the dome radius and the dome height into the Dome Surface Area Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Dome Surface Area.
- All Area Calculators
- Subwoofer Cone Area Calculator
- Area of an Oval Calculator
- Surface Area of a Pipe Calculator
Dome Surface Area Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Dome Surface Area.
DSA = 2*pi*r*h
- Where DSA is the Dome Surface Area
- r is the dome radius
- h is the dome height
How to Calculate Dome Surface Area?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Dome Surface Area.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the dome radius.
- The dome radius is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the dome height.
- The dome height is provided as: 3.
- Finally, calculate the Dome Surface Area using the equation above:
DSA = 2*pi*r*h =
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
DSA = 2*pi*5*3 = 94.24
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
dome radius = 6
dome height = 2
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
DSA = 2*pi*r*h = ?