Enter the frequency in hertz (hz) into the calculator to determine the angular frequency of a rotating object.
Angular Frequency Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the angular frequency.
ω = 2*π*f
- Where ω is the angular frequency in rad/s
- f is the normal frequency in hertz (hz)
- 2π is the number of radians in a circle
Angular Frequency Definition
Angular frequency is defined as the rotational velocity in radians per second.
Angular Frequency Example
The following is a step by step example of how to calculate angular frequency.
- First, determine the frequency of the object or wave. Once determined, convert that value to standard units of frequency which are hertz. We will assume this value is 20hz.
- Next, plug the value for frequency into the formula.
- Finally, solve the equation for angular frequency. ω = 2*π*f = 2*3.14159*20 = 125.66 rad/s.
An angular frequency is the measure of rotational speed in radians per second that a rotating object is moving at.
Hertz are a measure of standard frequency that represents one total rotation of a rotating object.