Enter the total charge stored (C) and the total capacitance (F) into the calculator to determine the Capacitor Voltage.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Cylindrical Capacitor Calculator
- Capacitors in Series Calculator
- Capacitance Calculator
- Capacitive Current Calculator
- Capacitor Power Calculator
- Capacitor Charge Current Calculator
Capacitor Voltage Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Capacitor Voltage.
Vc = Q / C
- Where Vc is the Capacitor Voltage (volts)
- Q is the total charge stored (C)
- C is the total capacitance (F)
How to Calculate Capacitor Voltage?
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed in order to calculate the Capacitor Voltage.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total charge stored (C). In this example, the total charge stored (C) is measured to be 50.
- Next, determine the total capacitance (F). For this problem, the total capacitance (F) is calculated to be 3.
- Finally, calculate the Capacitor Voltage using the formula above:
Vc = Q / C
Inserting the values from above into the equation yields:
Vc = 50 / 3 = 16.666 (volts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as the first example, define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, these values are:
total charge stored (C) = 43
total capacitance (F) = 6
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
Vc = 43 / 6 = 7.166 (volts)