Enter the total amount of gallons used and the total acres covered into the Application Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Application Rate.
Application Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Application Rate.
APP = G / A
- Where APP is the Application Rate (gallons/acre)
- G is the total amount of gallons used
- A is the total acres covered
How to Calculate Application Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Application Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total amount of gallons used.
- The total amount of gallons used is given as: 30.
- Next, determine the total acres covered.
- The total acres covered is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Application Rate using the equation above:
APP = G / A
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
APP = 30 / 10 = 3.00 (gallons/acre)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total amount of gallons used = 40
total acres covered = 20
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
APP = G / A = ?