Enter the number of people who contracted a disease after a specific event and the total number of people expose to the event to determine the attack rate.
- Prevalence Calculator
- Incidence Rate Calculator
- Attributable Risk Calculator
- Cumulative Incidence Calculator
Attack Rate Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an attack rate.
A = #NC / #PE
- Where A is the attack rate
- #NC is the number of cases of a disease in people exposed to a specific event
- #PE is the number of people exposed to the specific event
Attack Rate Definition
An attack rate is defined as the ratio of people that because sick after being exposed to a disease to the number of people exposed.
Attack Rate Example
How to calculate an attack rate?
- First, determine the number of cases of a disease in people exposed.
Calculate the number of people that contracted the disease.
- Next, determine the number of people exposed.
Measure the total number of people exposed.
- Finally, calculate the attack rate.
Calculate the attack rate using the equation above.
Attack rate is a medical term used to describe the proportion of people who became sick after being exposed to a specific event.