Enter the eve height of the bin (ft) and the bin diameter (ft) into the Auger Length Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Auger Length.
- All Length Calculators
- Grain Bin Capacity Calculator
- Feedlot Cost of Grain Calculator
- Bulk Bag Capacity Calculator
Auger Length Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Auger Length.
AL = (E + 1/2*D)*1.4
- Where AL is the Auger Length (ft)
- E is the eve height of the bin (ft)
- D is the bin diameter (ft)
To calculate auger length, add one half the bin diameter to the eve height, then multiply by the result by 1.4.
How to Calculate Auger Length?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Auger Length.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the eve height of the bin (ft).
- The eve height of the bin (ft) is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the bin diameter (ft).
- The bin diameter (ft) is provided as: 6.
- Finally, calculate the Auger Length using the equation above:
AL = (E + 1/2*D)*1.4 = (ft)
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
AL = (5 + 1/2*6)*1.4 = 11.2 ft
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
eve height of the bin (ft) = 7
bin diameter (ft) = 8
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
AL = (E + 1/2*D)*1.4 = ?