Enter the force on the ball and the mass of the ball into the calculator to determine the Ball Acceleration.
- All Acceleration Calculators
- Incline Plane Acceleration Calculator
- Coefficient of Friction to Acceleration Calculator
- Truck Acceleration Calculator
Ball Acceleration Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Ball Acceleration.
BA = FB/MB
- Where BA is the Ball Acceleration (m/s^2)
- FB is the force on the ball (N)
- MB is the mass of the ball (kg)
What are the units for Ball Acceleration?
The most common units for Ball Acceleration are m/s^2.
How to Calculate Ball Acceleration?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information required to calculate the Ball Acceleration.
First, determine the force on the ball. In this example, the force on the ball is measured to be 500 (N).
Next, determine the mass of the ball. For this problem, the mass of the ball is calculated to be 40 (kg).
Finally, calculate the Ball Acceleration using the formula above:
BA = FB/MB
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation gives us:
BA = 500/40 = 12.5 (m/s^2)