Enter the diameter of the pulley and the RPM of the pulley system into the calculator to determine the belt speed.
- Belt Length Calculator (2 pulley system)
- Pulley Weight Calculator
- Mechanical Advantage Calculator (Lever)
- Pulley Torque Calculator
Belt Speed Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the belt speed of a conveyor system.
V = pi/2 * D * RPM /60
- Where V is the belt speed (distance/time)
- D is the diameter of the pulley (length)
- RPM is rotations per minute
Belt Speed Definition
A belt speed is defined as the linear velocity of the belt on a single conveyor system with a given diameter.
How to calculate belt speed?
- First, determine the diameter of the conveyor.
For this example, the belt is wrapped on a conveyor system that has a diameter of 50m.
- Next, determine the rotations per minute of the conveyor.
For this problem, the RPM is measured to be 15.
- Finally, calculate the belt speed.
Calculate the belt speed using the formula V = pi/2*D*RPM = 3.14159/2*50*15/60 = 19.634 m/s.
How do you calculate conveyor speed?
A conveyor speed, or in this case the linear belt speed, can be calculated using the formula pi/2*D*RPM/60. In this formula, D is diameter and RPM is the rotations per minute of the conveyor. The value is then divided by 60 to convert the speed into distance per second.