Enter the waterline length of a moving boat into the calculator to determine the estimated boat speed.
- Drag Coefficient Calculator
- Buoyancy Calculator
- Hydrostatic Pressure Calculator
- Boat Draft Calculator
- Hull Speed Calculator
- Boat Acceleration Calculator
Boat Speed Formula
The following equation can be used to calculate the boat speed.
S = 10.34*(WLS/WLM)-10.34
- Where S is the boat speed in knots
- WLM is the waterline length when moving (feet)
- WLS is the waterline length when stopped (feet)
Boat Speed Definition
A boat speed is the velocity at which a boat is traveling based on it’s waterline while moving and stopped.
A water line length of a boat that is in contact with water.