Enter the total number of words and the average words per page into the Book Length Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Book Length.
- All Length Calculators
- Survey Length Calculator
- GWAM (Gross Words Per Minute) Calculator
- Reading Accuracy Rate Calculator
Book Length Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Book Length.
BL = W / WPP
- Where BL is the Book Length (pages)
- W is the total number of words
- WPP is the average words per page
To calculate a book length divide the number of words by the average words per page.
How to Calculate Book Length?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Book Length.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of words.
- The total number of words is given as: 10,000.
- Next, determine the average words per page.
- The average words per page is provided as: 100.
- Finally, calculate the Book Length using the equation above:
BL = W / WPP
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
BL = 10,000 / 100 = 100.00 (pages)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total number of words = 11,000
average words per page = 400
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
BL = W / WPP = ?