Enter the initial voltage, time, resistance, and capacitance into the calculator. The calculator will display the total voltage discharged and remaining.
- Voltage Divider Calculator
- Voltage Calculator
- Impedance Calculator
- Parallel Capacitor Calculator
- Capacitors in Series Calculator
Capacitor Discharge Formula
The following formula i used to calculate the discharge of voltage across a capacitor.
Vc = Vi * e^ -t/(R*C)
- Where Vc is the voltage discarched
- Vi is the initial voltage
- t is the total time
- R is the total resistance of the circuit
- C is the total capacitance of the circuit
Capacitor Discharge Definition
A capacitor discharge is the total energy loss or voltage loss in a circuit due to capacitance.
Capacitor Discharge Example
How to calculator capacitor discharge
- First, determine the initial voltage
Either measure or calculator the initial voltage entering the capacitor.
- Next, determine the total resistance
Measure the total resistance of the capacitor.
- Next, determine the total capacitance
Measure the total capacitance of the capacitor.
- Finally, calculate the voltage discharge
Using the information from steps 1-3 and the equation above, calculate the total discharged voltage.
A voltage discharge is a loss of voltage across a circuit due to the capacitance of components or specifically capacitors.