Enter the difference in height and the length of the ceiling into the Ceiling Slope Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Ceiling Slope.
Ceiling Slope Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Ceiling Slope.
CS = tan^-1(CH/CL)
- Where CS is the Ceiling Slope (degrees of slope)
- CH is the difference in height
- CL is the length of the ceiling
How to Calculate Ceiling Slope?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Ceiling Slope.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the difference in height.
- The difference in height is given as: 400.
- Next, determine the length of the ceiling.
- The length of the ceiling is provided as: 600.
- Finally, calculate the Ceiling Slope using the equation above:
CS = tan (CH/CL)
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
CS = tan-1 (400/600) = 33.69 (degrees of slope)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
difference in height = 700
length of the ceiling = 1500
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
CS = tan^-1 (CH/CL) = ?