Enter the contract length, phone price, and monthly bill into the cell phone plan calculator. The calculator will return the total cost of the plan over its lifetime.
Cell Phone Plan Formula
The following formula can be used to calculate the total cost of a phone plan.
TC = PP + MB * CL
- Where TC is the total cost of the phone plan
- PP is the price of the phone
- MB is the monthly bill
- CL is the contract length
How to calculate a phone plan cost
- First, determine the price of the phone
If the price of the phone is included in the monthly bill, leave that section blank and ignore this step.
- Next, find out the length of the contract
This will be the total contract length of the cell phone plan.
- Next, find of the monthly bill
Sometimes the price of the phone is included in this monthly bill and other times it is not.
- Finally, calculate the total cost.
Use the formula above to calculate the total cell phone plan cost.
A cell phone plan is an agreement between a cell phone company and customer to pay a set monthly bill for use of its services.
This depends on the contract. If you already owned a phone before the contract and are keeping that phone, it’s likely not included in the bill.