Enter the total charge (C) and the change in time (s) into the calculator to determine the Current From Charge.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Capacitor Charge Current Calculator
- Energy Charge Voltage Calculator
- Initial Current Calculator
Current From Charge Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Current From Charge.
I = Q / dT
- Where I is the Current From Charge (amps)
- Q is the total charge (C)
- dT is the change in time (s)
To calculate current from charge, divide the total charge by the total time.
How to Calculate Current From Charge?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Current From Charge.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total charge (C). In this example, the total charge (C) is measured to be 140.
- Next, determine the change in time (s). For this problem, the change in time (s) is calculated to be 23.
- Finally, calculate the Current From Charge using the formula above:
I = Q / dT
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
I = 140 / 23 = 6.086 (amps)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
total charge (C) = 290
change in time (s) = 50
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
I = 290 / 50 = 5.8 (amps)