Enter the compression ratio into the calculator to convert into pounds per square inch.
Compression Ratio to PSI Formula
The following formula is used to convert a compression ratio to PSI.
PSI = X:Y*P
- Where PSI is the pounds per square inch
- X:Y is the compression ratio
- P is the pressure (typically standard atmospheric pressure (14.696)
Compression Ratio to PSI Example
How to convert compression ratio to psi?
- First, determine the compression ratio.
Calculate or measure the compression ratio.
- Next, determine the pressure.
Calculate or measure the atmospheric pressure. This is 14.696 PSI at sea level.
- Finally, calculate the PSI.
Calculate the PSI using the equation above.
Convert a compression ratio to PSI by multiplying the atmospheric pressure by the compression ratio.