Enter the total price of the building and the total square footage of the house or unit to calculate the cost per square foot.
- Floor to Area Ratio Calculator
- Price-to-Rent Ratio Calculator
- Rental Cash Flow Calculator
- Lot Coverage Calculator
- EUI (Energy Use Intensity) Calculator
- After Repair Value (ARV) Calculator
Cost Per Square Foot Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the cost per square foot of a building.
CPSF = TC / A
- Where CPSF is the cost per square foot
- TC is the total cost of the building
- A is the total area in square footage
Cost Per Square Foot Definition
A cost per square foot is a cost per unit of the area typically used in real estate to describe the value of a property by area.
Cost Per Square Foot Example
How to calculate a cost per square foot?
- First, determine the total cost of the building.
Calculate the total cost of the building/floor/unit.
- Next, determine the total area.
Calculate the total area.
- Finally, calculate the cost per square foot.
Calculate the cost per square foot using the equation above.
The average cost per square foot for the US is $111.05.