Enter the number of windows being installed and the total cost into the calculator to determine the cost per window.
- Cost Per Window Replacement Calculator
- Window to Wall Ratio Calculator
- Basement Finish Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
Cost Per Window Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Cost Per Window.
CPW = TCI / #Windows
- Where CPW is the cost per window ($/window)
- TCI is the total cost of install and windows ($)
- #Windows is the number of windows
What is the Average Cost Per Window?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $900 for a new single-hung or double-hung wood window.
There are so many different factors that come into play when deciding on a price per window, such as the size, the type of window, and if you want a double or triple pane.
The actual price of the window will depend on many factors including:
- The type and age of your current windows
- Location (the further you are from a major city, the more it will cost to have your replacement windows installed)
- Size and shape of the window (a custom-made window will be more expensive than standard stock sizes)
- Style of the frame (vinyl sash replacement windows typically cost less than wood-clad frames).
- The material used in the frame (aluminum is much less expensive than vinyl or wood).