Enter the cylinder force (N) and the cylinder area (m^2) into the calculator to determine the Cylinder Pressure.
- All Pressure Calculators
- Hydraulic Pressure Calculator
- Cylinder Force Calculator
- Hydraulic Ram Force Calculator
- Ground Pressure Calculator
- Pump Pressure Calculator
- Saturation Pressure Calculator
Cylinder Pressure Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Cylinder Pressure.
Pc = Fc / Ac
- Where Pc is the Cylinder Pressure (N/m^2)
- Fc is the cylinder force (N)
- Ac is the cylinder area (m^2)
How to Calculate Cylinder Pressure?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Cylinder Pressure.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the cylinder force (N). In this example, the cylinder force (N) is given as 400.
- Next, determine the cylinder area (m^2). For this problem, the cylinder area (m^2) is given as 15.
- Finally, calculate the Cylinder Pressure using the equation above:
Pc = Fc / Ac
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation:
Pc = 400 / 15 = 26.66 (N/m^2)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as above, first define the variables required by the formula. In this case, these values are:
cylinder force (N) = 560
cylinder area (m^2) = 50
Entering these values yields:
Pc = 560 / 50 = 11.2 (N/m^2)