Enter the mass (kg) and the density (kg/m^3) into the Volume From Density Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Volume From Density.
Volume From Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Volume From Density.
V = m /D
- Where V is the Volume From Density (m^3)
- m is the mass (kg)
- D is the density (kg/m^3)
How to Calculate Volume From Density?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Volume From Density.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the mass (kg).
- The mass (kg) is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the density (kg/m^3).
- The density (kg/m^3) is provided as: 2.
- Finally, calculate the Volume From Density using the equation above:
V = m /D
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
V = 50 /2 = 25 (m^3)
Example Problem #2:
The variables needed for this problem are provided below:
mass (kg) = 60
density (kg/m^3) = 3
Entering these values and solving gives:
V = m /D = 20 (m^3)