Enter the total mass and the density of an object into the calculator to determine the total volume. This calculator can also calculate the mass or density given the other values.
- All Volume Calculators
- Mass to Weight Calculator
- Specific Volume Calculator
- Density to Mass Calculator
- Grams To Meters Cubed Calculator
Mass to Volume Formula
The following equation is used to convert a mass into a volume.
V = m / D
- Where V is the total volume
- m is the total mass
- D is the density (mass/volume)
To calculate volume from density, divide the mass by the density.
Mass to Volume Definition
Converting mass into volume requires that you determine the density of the material and divide the mass by that density.
Mass to Volume Example
How to convert mass to volume?
- First, determine the total mass.
Measure or calculate the total mass.
- Next, determine the density.
Measure or calculate the total density of the material.
- Finally, calculate the volume.
Calculate the total volume using the equation above.
Converting mass to volume involves dividing the total mass by the density to yield volume.