Enter the number of slits, the wavelength, and the distance between slits into the Diffraction Angle Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Diffraction Angle.
Diffraction Angle Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Diffraction Angle.
DA = SIN^-1(n*w/d)
- DA is the Diffraction Angle (degrees)
- n is the number of slits
- w is the wavelength
- d is the distance between slits
To calculate the diffraction angle multiply the number of slits by the wavelength, divide by the distance between slits, then take the inverse sine of the result.
How to Calculate Diffraction Angle?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Diffraction Angle.
- First, determine the number of slits.
- Next, determine the wavelength.
- Next, determine the distance between slits.
- Next, gather the formula from above = DA = SIN^-1(n*w/d).
- Finally, calculate the Diffraction Angle.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
number of slits = 5
wavelength = 6
distance between slits = 10
DA = SIN^-1(n*w/d) = ?