Enter the number of grating lines and the total length (mm) into the Grating Density Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Grating Density.
- All Density Calculators
- Diffraction Efficiency Calculator
- Concrete Density Calculator
- Specific Volume to Density Calculator
Grating Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Grating Density.
GD = GL / L
- Where GD is the Grating Density (lines/mm)
- GL is the number of grating lines
- L is the total length (mm)
How to Calculate Grating Density?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Grating Density.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the number of grating lines.
- The number of grating lines is given as: 100.
- Next, determine the total length (mm).
- The total length (mm) is provided as: 25.
- Finally, calculate the Grating Density using the equation above:
GD = GL / L
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
GD = 100 / 25 = 4 (lines/mm)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
number of grating lines = 85
total length (mm) = 93
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
GD = GL / L = ?