Enter the drag coefficient and the frontal projected area into the Effective Projected Area Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Effective Projected Area.
- All Area Calculators
- Drag Coefficient Calculator
- Lift to Drag Ratio Calculator
- Drag Equation Calculator (Drag Force Calculator)
Effective Projected Area Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Effective Projected Area.
EPA = D * FPA
- Where EPA is the Effective Projected Area
- D is the drag coefficient
- FPA is the frontal projected area
To calculate the effective projected area, multiply the drag coefficient by the frontal projected area.
How to Calculate Effective Projected Area?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Effective Projected Area.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the drag coefficient.
- The drag coefficient is given as: .75.
- Next, determine the frontal projected area.
- The frontal projected area is provided as: 300.
- Finally, calculate the Effective Projected Area using the equation above:
EPA = D * FPA
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
EPA = .75 * 300 = 225
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
drag coefficient = .50
frontal projected area = 100
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
EPA = D * FPA = ?