Enter the face length (in) and the face width (in) into the Facial Golden Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Facial Golden Ratio. This calculator can also evaluate the face length or width if the other variables are known.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Golden Ratio Calculator
- Simple Ratio Calculator
- Golden Rectangle Ratio Calculator
Facial Golden Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Facial Golden Ratio. The closer the result is to 1.6, the closer the face is to the golden ratio.
FGR = FL / FW
- Where FGR is the Facial Golden Ratio (in/in)
- FL is the face length (in)
- fW is the face width (in)
To calculate the facial golden ratio, divide the face length in inches by the face width in inches.
How to Calculate Facial Golden Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Facial Golden Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the face length (in).
- The face length (in) is given as: 12.
- Next, determine the face width (in).
- The face width (in) is provided as: 8.
- Finally, calculate the Facial Golden Ratio using the equation above:
FGR = FL / FW
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
FGR = 12 / 8 = 1.5 (in/in) almost perfect!
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
face length (in) = 10
face width (in) = 7
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
FGR = FL / FW = ?