Enter the X,Y, and Z coordinates of two points.The calculator will return the distance between those two points. If the point is only in the X Y plane, leave the Z section blank.
The following formula is used to find the distance between two points.
D = √[ ( X2-X1)^2 + (Y2-Y1)^2) + (Z2-Z1)^2)
- Where X2 and X1 are the x coordinates
- Y2 and Y1 are the y coordinates
- Z2 and Z1 are the z coordinates
How to find the distance between two point
- First, determine the x coordinates
This will be the x coordinates of the two points.
- Next, determine the y coordinates
This will be the y coordinates of the two points.
- Next, determine the z coordinates
If there are z coordinates for the points, record them accordingly.
Calculate the distance between points by using the formula above.