Enter the quality units produced and the total units produced into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the First Pass Yield.
First Pass Yield Formula
FPY = QU / TU * 100
- FPY is the First Pass Yield (%)
- QU is the quality units produced
- TU is the total units produced
To calculate First Pass Yield, divide the number of quality units produced by the total units produced.
How to Calculate First Pass Yield?
The following steps outline how to calculate the First Pass Yield.
- First, determine the quality units produced.
- Next, determine the total units produced.
- Next, gather the formula from above = FPY = QU / TU * 100.
- Finally, calculate the First Pass Yield.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
quality units produced = 95
total units produced = 120