Enter the actual yield and the theoretical optimal yield into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Product Yield.
Product Yield Formula
PY = AY / OY * 100
- PY is the Product Yield (%)
- AY is the actual yield
- OY is the theoretical optimal yield
To calculate Product Yield, divide the actual yield by the theoretical optimal yield, then multiply by 100.
How to Calculate Product Yield?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Product Yield.
- First, determine the actual yield.
- Next, determine the theoretical optimal yield.
- Next, gather the formula from above = PY = AY / OY * 100.
- Finally, calculate the Product Yield.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
actual yield = 500
theoretical optimal yield = 700