Enter the total number of fish and the total volume of water (gallons) into the Fish Density Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Fish Density.
- All Density Calculators
- Aquarium Stock Calculator
- Stocking Rate Calculator
- Viscosity to Density Calculator
Fish Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Fish Density.
FD = #F / VW
- Where FD is the Fish Density (fish/gallon)
- #F is the total number of fish
- VW is the total volume of water (gallons)
How to Calculate Fish Density?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Fish Density.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of fish.
- The total number of fish is given as: 500.
- Next, determine the total volume of water (gallons).
- The total volume of water (gallons) is provided as: 1000.
- Finally, calculate the Fish Density using the equation above:
FD = #F / VW
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
FD = 500 / 1000 = .5 (fish/gallon)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total number of fish = 205
total volume of water (gallons) = 59
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
FD = #F / VW = ?