Enter the absolute pressure and the atmospheric pressure into the calculator to determine the gauge pressure.
- Absolute Pressure Calculator
- Vapor Pressure Calculator (Solvent/Solution)
- Pressure Altitude Calculator
- ISA Temperature Calculator
Gauge Pressure Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the gauge pressure.
Pg = Pa – Pat
- Where Pg is the gauge pressure
- Pa is the absolute pressure
- Pat is the atmospheric pressure
Gauge Pressure Definition
Gauge pressure is a pressure measurement by an instrument minus the atmospheric pressure surrounding the gauge.
Gauge Pressure Example
How to calculate gauge pressure?
- First, determine the absolute pressure.
Calculate the absolute pressure.
- Next, determine the atmospheric pressure.
Measure the atmospheric pressure.
- Finally, calculate the gauge pressure.
Calculate the gauge pressure using the formula above.
Gauge pressure is a pressure measured by an instrument without taking into account the atmospheric pressure around it.
The gauge pressure is calculated by subtracting the atmospheric pressure from the absolute pressure.