Enter the input torque (N-m) and the gear ratio (Do/Di) into the calculator to determine the Gear Output Torque.
- All Torque Calculators
- Gear Ratio Acceleration Calculator
- Gear Velocity Calculator
- Gear Force Calculator
- Power To Torque Calculator
- Engine Torque Calculator
- Worm Gear Torque Calculator
- Input Torque Calculator
Gear Output Torque Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Gear Output Torque.
To = Ti * GR
- Where To is the Gear Output Torque (N-m)
- TI is the input torque (N-m)
- GR is the gear ratio (Do/Di)
- = Output diameter divided by input diameter
To calculate gear output torque, multiply the input torque by the gear ratio.
How to Calculate Gear Output Torque?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Gear Output Torque.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the input torque (N-m). In this example, the input torque (N-m) is measured to be 500.
- Next, determine the gear ratio (Do/Di). For this problem, the gear ratio (Do/Di) is calculated to be 3.
- Finally, calculate the Gear Output Torque using the formula above:
To = Ti * GR
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
To = 500 * 3 = 1500 ((N-m))
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
input torque (N-m) = 150
gear ratio (Do/Di) = 2
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
To = 150* 2 = 300 ((N-m))