Enter the glide ratio and the vertical distance (m) into the Glide Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Glide Distance.
- All Distance Calculators
- Glide Ratio Calculator
- Vertical Distance Calculator
- Takeoff Distance Calculator
Glide Distance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Glide Distance.
GD = GR * VD
- Where GD is the Glide Distance (m)
- GR is the glide ratio
- VD is the vertical distance (m)
To calculate the glide distance, multiply the glide ratio by the vertical distance.
How to Calculate Glide Distance?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Glide Distance.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the glide ratio.
- The glide ratio is given as: 5.25.
- Next, determine the vertical distance (m).
- The vertical distance (m) is provided as: 1500.
- Finally, calculate the Glide Distance using the equation above:
GD = GR * VD
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
GD = 5.25 * 1500 = 7875.00 (m)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
glide ratio = 15
vertical distance (m) = 3000
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
GD = GR * VD = ?