Enter the net distribution and the tax rate into the calculator to determine a gross distribution.
- Net Distribution Calculator
- ROI Calculator – Return on Investment
- Stock Calculator (Profit Calculator)
Gross Distribution Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a gross distribution.
GD = ND / (1 – T)
- Where GD is the gross distribution
- ND is the net distribution
- T is the tax rate
Gross Distribution Definition
A gross distribution is defined as the total value of a distribution before taxes have been paid.
Are gross distribution taxable?
Yes, all gross distribution are subject to tax. The tax that is paid on a gross distribution depends on several factors including the total amount and the length that the distribution has been held.
Gross Distribution Example
How to calculate a gross distribution?
- First, determine the net distribution.
Calculate the net distribution that was taken home after taxes.
- Next, determine the tax rate.
Calculate or determine the total percentage tax rate.
- Finally, calculate the gross distribution.
Using the formula above, calculate the gross distribution.
A gross distribution is a measure of the total distribution paid out to an investor before taxes have been withdrawn.