Enter the total heat energy and the mass of the liquid into the calculator to determine the heat of vaporization.
- Thermal Conductivity Calculator (heat flux)
- Latent Heat Calculator
- Specific Heat Calculator
- Heat of Fusion Calculator
Heat of Vaporization Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the heat of vaporization.
Hv = q / m
- Where Hv is the heat of vaporization (J/g)
- q is the total heat of the liquid at the vaporization point. (J)
- m is the total mass of the liquid (g)
Heat of Vaporization Definition
A heat of vaporization is a measure of the amount of energy it takes to vaporize a liquid.
Heat of Vaporization Example
How to calculate heat of vaporization?
- First, determine the mass of the liquid.
Measure the total mass of the liquid being vaporized.
- Next, determine the total heat.
Add heat to the liquid until the liquid starts to vaporize. Measure the total heat at this point.
- Finally, calculate heat of vaporization.
Divide the total heat by the total mass to determine the heat of vaporization.
A heat of vaporization is the total energy per unit mass required to vaporize a liquid.
Vaporization is the process of turning a liquid into a gas.