Enter the total height and the total base dimension into the Height to Base Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Height to Base Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Trigonometric Ratio Calculator
- Measurement Ratio Calculator
- Cross Ratio Calculator
Height to Base Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Height to Base Ratio.
HBR = H / B
- Where HBR is the Height to Base Ratio
- H is the total height
- B is the total base dimension
To calculate a height to base ratio, divide the total height by the base dimension.
How to Calculate Height to Base Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Height to Base Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total height.
- The total height is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the total base dimension.
- The total base dimension is provided as: 20.
- Finally, calculate the Height to Base Ratio using the equation above:
HBR = H / B * 100
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
HBR = 5 / 20 * 100 = 25.00 (%)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total height = 6
total base dimension = 70
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
HBR = H / B * 100 = ?