Enter the resistance and capacitance of a high pass filter into the calculator to determine the cut-off frequency of the filter.
- Cutoff Frequency Calculator
- Phase Difference Calculator
- Phase Angle Calculator
- Bandpass Filter Calculator
High Pass Filter Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the cutoff frequency of a high pass filter.
fc = 1 / (2*pi*R*C)
- Where fc is the cutoff frequency (hz)
- R is the resistance
- C is the capacitance
High Pass Filter Definition
A high pass filter is defined as a circuit or electrical system that only passes signals above a certain cutoff frequency. That is any signal greater than the cut-off will be passed.
High Pass Filter Example
How to calculate cut-off frequency of a high pass filter?
- First, determine the resistance.
Calculate or measure the total resistance of the filter.
- Next, determine the capacitance.
Calculate of measure the total capacitance of the filter.
- Finally, calculate the high pass filter.
Calculate the frequency of cut-off of the high pass filter using the equation above.
A high pass filter is a circuit or filter that only passes signals above a certain frequency.