Enter the total door weight (lbs) and the number of hinges into the Hinge Weight Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Hinge Weight.
Hinge Weight Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Hinge Weight.
HW = DW / H
- HW is the Hinge Weight (lbs)
- DW is the total door weight (lbs)
- H is the number of hinges
To calculate the hinge weight, divide the total door weight by the number of hinges.
How to Calculate Hinge Weight?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Hinge Weight.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total door weight (lbs).
- The total door weight (lbs) is given as:: 300.
- Next, determine the number of hinges.
- The number of hinges is provided as: 3.
- Finally, calculate the Hinge Weight using the equation above:
HW = DW / #H
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
HW =300 / 3 = 100.00 (lbs)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total door weight (lbs) = 200
number of hinges = 4
Test your knowledge and check your answer with the calculator..
HW = DW / #H = ?