Enter the total ice volume (in^3) into the Ice Weight Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Ice Weight.
- All Weight Calculators
- Water to Weight Ratio Calculator
- Ice Melting Time Calculator
- Cubic Feet to Pounds Calculator
Ice Weight Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Ice Weight.
IW = IV * .033128
- IW is the Ice Weight (lbs)
- IV is the total ice volume (in^3)
To calculate ice weight, multiply the volume of ice (in^3) by .033128.
How to Calculate Ice Weight?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Ice Weight.
- First, determine the total ice volume (in^3).
- Next, gather the formula from above = IW = IV * .033128.
- Finally, calculate the Ice Weight.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total ice volume (in^3) = 30
IW = IV * .033128 = ?