Enter the final temperature and the change in temperature into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Initial Temperature.
- Final Temperature Calculator
- CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) Calculator
- Resistance to Temperature Calculator
Initial Temperature Formula
IT = FT - dT
- IT is the Initial Temperature (C or F)
- FT (C or F) is the final temperature
- dT (C or F) is the change in temperature
To calculate Initial Temperature, subtract the change in temperature from the final temperature.
How to Calculate Initial Temperature?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Initial Temperature.
- First, determine the final temperature.
- Next, determine the change in temperature.
- Next, gather the formula from above = IT = FT – dT.
- Finally, calculate the Initial Temperature.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
final temperature = 30
change in temperature = 10