Enter the column length and the particle diameter into the L/dp Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the L/dp Ratio.
L/dp Ratio Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the L/dp Ratio.
LDP = L / DP
- LDP is the L/dp Ratio (length/diameter)
- L is the column length
- DP is the particle diameter
To calculate the L/dp ratio (length to diameter ratio), divide the column length by the particle diameter.
How to Calculate L/dp Ratio?
The following steps outline how to calculate the L/dp Ratio.
- First, determine the column length.
- Next, determine the particle diameter.
- Next, gather the formula from above = LDP = L / DP.
- Finally, calculate the L/dp Ratio.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
column length = 3
particle diameter = 5
LDP = L / DP = ?