Enter the total width and the total number of columns into the Column Width Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Column Width.
Column Width Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Column Width.
CW = W / #C
- CW is the Column Width
- W is the total width
- #C is the total number of columns
How to Calculate Column Width?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Column Width.
- First, determine the total width.
- Next, determine the total number of columns.
- Next, gather the formula from above = CW = W / #C.
- Finally, calculate the Column Width.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total width = 100
total number of columns = 2
CW = W / #C = ?