Enter the total parts water and the total part substance into the Liquid Dilution Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Liquid Dilution Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Dilution Factor Calculator (Dilutant to Stock Ratio)
- Fluid Ratio Calculator
- Bleach to Water Ratio Calculator
Liquid Dilution Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Liquid Dilution Ratio.
LDR = PW / PS
- Where LDR is the Liquid Dilution Ratio (water:substance)
- PW is the total parts water
- PS is the total part substance
To calculate a dilution ratio, divide the total parts of water by the total parts of the solution or substance.
How to Calculate Liquid Dilution Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Liquid Dilution Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total parts water.
- The total parts water is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the total part substance.
- The total part substance is provided as: 4.
- Finally, calculate the Liquid Dilution Ratio using the equation above:
LDR = PW / PS
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
LDR = 50 / 4 = 12.5 (water:substance)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total parts water = 60
total part substance = 3
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
LDR = PW / PS = ?