Enter the amount of manure used (lbs) and the number of acres into the Manure Application Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Manure Application Rate.
Manure Application Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Manure Application Rate.
MAR = M / A
- Where MAR is the Manure Application Rate (lbs of manure per acre)
- M is the amount of manure used (lbs)
- A is the number of acres
How to Calculate Manure Application Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Manure Application Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the amount of manure used (lbs).
- The amount of manure used (lbs) is given as: 30.
- Next, determine the number of acres.
- The number of acres is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Manure Application Rate using the equation above:
MAR = M / A
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
MAR = 30 / 10 = 3.00 (lbs of manure per acre)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
amount of manure used (lbs) = 500
number of acres = 200
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
MAR = M / A = ?